Camp out

Well, I have been called to help out with the scouts. I don't remember the exact position, leadership advancement person, or something... Anyways, I went on a little camp out this past weekend in Diamond Fork Canyon. It wasn't too far of a drive but when we got to the camping spot, the entrance was gated off because of the snow pack. One of the leaders brought a 4-wheeler to check out the road and it held up but when he had to turn around he had to go off the road slightly to do a U-turn and the 4-wheeler just sunk. We had to lift it out of all the snow and then had to pack all our gear to the camp. It wasn't too fun and took a long time. After getting set up we had a good time and ate like kings. In the morning, we packed up and went sledding. We found a killer hill and had a blast. I even tried out some skiing with some DI skis that a leader had brought. It was my second time skiing (first time in Missouri about 12+ years ago). The first time down I ate it but then had a couple good runs. Overall we had a good time and I came home with a sunburned face.

1 comments:

  1. WOW, sounds like an adventure Rob! Congrats on the new calling with scouts. Call me sometime, will ya?! Hi Sarah!