Thankful



Thanksgiving was a couple of weeks ago so I am a little late but I wanted to post anyway. Right now I have much to be thankful for. The week before thanksgiving I found out that I was pregnant again. This was a big shock because we were using birth control and the two babies would be 11 months apart. Just as I was coming to accept the situation and preparing myself for another pregnancy I began to bleed. After some blood tests it was determined that a miscarriage had occurred and a D and C surgery was scheduled to remove the remains of the miscarriage. I had the surgery and I thought that everything was over. This past Thursday I went back for a post surgery check up. Everything seemed fine and I felt fine but since I was still bleeding the Dr. decided to test my HCG levels to make sure that they were back to zero. They were not. The Dr. called at 5:00 that night to tell me to go to the emergency room to have an ultrasound done immediately and the ultrasound determined that I had a tubular or ectopic pregnancy. The baby was growing in my fallopian tube. By 8:30 I was in surgery again to remove the the pregnancy. This was a scary situation but now I am recovering and all is well. It seems that I am a medical mystery because I did not have any reasons for this to happen and there were none of the usual symptoms. Most women with tubular pregnancies have severe pain and I had none. The Dr. said that in his 30 years he has only seen one other case like mine. Like I said at the beginning of this post I have much to be thankful for. I have a beautiful daughter and a wonderful husband that I love very much. I have family that are supportive and will drop everything to come help when I have to run to the emergency room (thanks again Chris, Mom, Dad, and Jessie). I am thankful that for the most part I have a healthy body and should recover quickly (also, the Dr. was able to save my fallopian tube!). I am grateful for health insurance and that Rob has a great, stable job. I am also very grateful for the gospel in my life and the knowledge that I have about the plan of salvation. I am grateful for priesthood (and priesthood blessings) and the eternal perspective to know that all that happens in my life is a part of heavenly father's bigger plan for me. I am so grateful for prayer and I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. I am so grateful for the holiday season and that we have the opportunity to focus more on Christ and the blessings that we have been given. I feel sometimes that I have received more than my share of wonderful blessings. Today my heart is full of gratitude and love.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, sarah I am so sorry you had to go through all of that. That is quite the ordeal and range of emotions to deal with. I think you are right in taking the grateful approach. I am reminded everyday of how much our Father in Heaven loves each one of us and I can see you were very blessed through your trials. I love you and hope you are doing as best as you can. Please let me know if you need anything.

     
  2. Wow Sarah, what an eventful road! I am sorry you to had to go through all of that, but am grateful you are ok. Yes, we are lucky to have the Gospel in our lives. I hope your recovery is fast and smooth!

     
  3. Oh my goodness-talk about an emotional roller coaster ride! My heart goes out to you and I am glad to hear you are recovering well. Take care and enjoy this wonderful holiday season-we all have much to be thankful for! Jenny :)

     
  4. Sarah, I am so sorry you had to go through all this. Take care of yourself. I love you.
    Melissa