She does things the hard way

Ellie likes to do things the hard way. She first rolled over from back to front instead of the easier way from front to back. She has been saying 'mama' for months but will not say 'dada' yet. Now she is 8 months old and is thinking of crawling. She will be sitting and lean over as far as she can until she kind of pops up onto her knees. Unfortunately she does not stay on her knees for very long and soon falls down to her belly. Maybe soon she will figure out how to stay up and to move. That means I would then have to baby proof my house!



Ellie has two teeth on the bottom and is currently getting four more on the top. She has been pretty grouchy with these last four -- poor girl. Ellie is beginning to be able to convey meaning to us. Besides saying 'mama' she loves to say 'oh'. It is so funny because she can say this one small word with so many different meanings and inflections. When we are feeding her she can tell us that she wants more. She grunts. She grunts long and loud and we have figured out that she means more.
She is a pretty somber baby especially around strangers. At church and when I am out and about people try to get her to smile but she just will not. She will smile and giggle for for me and Rob (sometimes other family members if she has been around them for a while). She does not want to smile when I get the camera out so in most of her pictures she has that cute little somber look on her face.

She thinks it is so fun to play peek a boo on the stairs with mom and dad and she loves to see Patch. Those are always sure ways to get a smile an a giggle.



It has been a little warmer lately so we have been able to spend some more time outside and she loves it. She likes to watch the kids in the neighborhood play and ride bikes. She also thinks the grass is pretty neat and she likes to put her hands and feet in it. We can't wait until summer so that we can play outside all of the time. I love this sweet baby girl so much.

4 comments:

  1. My goodness, she's cute. I love those big, brown eyes.

     
  2. oh i miss her! she is getting so big! and she is so funny!

     
  3. She is so cute Sarah! Ben and I can't believe how big she is.

     
  4. Ellie has the sweetest face....somber or smiling! I am the luckiest grandma but wish you weren't so far away. I love to see your posts, though. They make my day.