my LITTLE baby girl



Today we had Ellie's nine month check with the Dr. and I learned yet again that my girl is so petite. She weighed 16lbs 4ozs (9th percentile) length 26.75 inches (23rd percentile) and her head measured a whopping 17.75inches (88th percentile). These numbers look a little odd and they thought so too. Her head is growing fast but everything else has slowed down. They told me that it is not concerning yet but if the trend continues then we might have to worry about a thyroid problem! They also noticed a small heart murmur! I was informed that this is pretty common too and we will just wait and see if it goes away on its own. All I have to do is wait and worry for the next three months until we go back for another appointment. In more uplifting news Ellie is now crawling. She loves music and when a song that she likes comes on the TV or radio she will start bouncing. Ellie also likes to scrunch up her nose to make funny faces and she absolutely loves her blankie. She is such a sweet LITTLE girl.



7 comments:

  1. Wow, that's quite the check-up! I hope all ends up turning out well in three months! And yes, she is simply adorable, love the pictures!

     
  2. I hope your next appointment is better! But I know how you feel and I hate the waiting. At Kade's last appointment they were worried about his big head (it was 99%) so they ordered a CT scan. But after the scan and all the wait and worry we did finally find out that he is okay and that he just has a big head! So I'm sure your little Ellie is just fine. Dr.'s just always try to be so careful.

     
  3. She is soooo CUTE!

     
  4. The "big head" doesn't surprise me because most of the Maddox kids have big heads! Kind of funny...but everyone is good looking, smart, and successful. Shame on you Rob for passing on the big head! HA! Ellie is adorable, so stop worrying! Love you!

     
  5. You will be in my prayers:) She is such a doll. That's so fun that she is crawling. Colston wants nothing to do with it, he'd rather be standing. So cute!

     
  6. What a cutie. Try not to worry too much ... I'm sure things will work out just fine. My mom is right, Maddox's tend to have big heads. :)

    I don't know what it is about that outdoor picture, but I see a lot of Rob in her in that one. Maybe it is the facial expression?

     
  7. She looks just fine to me!! Aunt Luanne