Oquirrh Mountain Temple

First, I want to clarify the pictures from my previous post. It looks like the top half of the baby's room is painted pink but it is actually tan. It was originally tan on the top and I just decided to leave it.

Last night we were able to go and visit the Oquirrh Mountain Temple that is in West Jordan Utah. They are currently having the open house and it will be dedicated in August. It is a beautiful building and it was a great experience to be able to wander around and look at all of the amazing rooms. Temples truly are amazing places and I am so grateful that we have so many of them so close to us -- we are so blessed. When this one is dedicated we will have 6 temples within an hour of our house and 8 within an hour and a half! The Jordan River and the new Oquirrh Mountain temples are actually in the same city -- This is the only place in the world where this happens. This will be the second temple to be dedicated in Utah this year and the other one is the Draper temple. We were unable to make it to the open house for the Draper temple because it in January and February when I was sick and throwing up (It would be bad to throw up in the temple when I was taking a tour!) so we decided that we had to go to this one for sure. I am so grateful for the wonderful blessing of eternal families that temples make possible for us.


2 comments:

  1. What a nice post....beautiful words. I love that we live so close to the temple....Loren and I really wont have any excuses. It will be nice to walk there. Hope your doing well. See you at your shower!

    Maren

     
  2. You are looking good Sarah!! Hang in there and that baby will be here all too soon. We thought about you alot in Hawaii. We should have taken you there as a tour guide. Love, Aunt Luanne