Busy and Independent

I love to see Ellie's little personality coming out more and more all the time. It is my personal opinion that she has a lot her dad in her. She got his stubbornness and his busyness both of which have the potential to be great qualities but sometimes it can be crazy.

She has got the crawling thing under control and rarely stops moving except to sleep. She tries really hard to say uh-oh but just can't quite get it. It is so cute (and sometimes a bit exasperating) when she throws her food off the side of the high chair and then tries to say uh-oh. It ends up sounding more like uh-uh. I know that one of these days she is just going to finally get it out.
I am amazed that she already imitates us so much. The other day I gave her a bath and then combed her hair (this is one of the only times she will sit still for me and it only lasts about 30 seconds) and after a minute she grabbed the comb from me and tried to comb her own hair. She is also very independent (this also comes from Rob). She has decided that she will not eat anything that I have to feed her. She insists on feeding herself. So that means the baby food is gone and she is eating finger foods. Her favorite right now is cheese and I am pretty sure she would be happy eating cheese for every meal. Sometimes I will put a little piece on food on a fork and then let her stick it in her own mouth.
Bath time can be quite the adventure. Ellie does not want to sit in the water and play with her toys but instead wants to stand up and explore. I am constantly worried that she is going to fall down. Although my days are very busy and crazy I do love this little girl.


1 comments:

  1. What an angel! Has she gotten to the age where her energy level increases....when you are getting tired? Not fair, and challenging to keep up, but it's fun to see their new escapades! Love you!