A Fun 4th
The 4th of July has always been one of my very favorite holidays. I love that it is warm outside (I hate being cold), that I get to eat yummy BBQ food, that I get to celebrate the amazing country that we live in, and that I get to eat salt water taffy. I do not know what it is about taffy -- it is just very enjoyable. This year we had a great 4th of July weekend. On Friday we went out to Lake Powell and it was so much fun because it was Ellie's first time. I really enjoyed watching her react to all of the new things.
She was a little nervous about the boat and the water but she warmed up and by the end of the day was having a great time. She especially liked playing in the sand (until she ate some and then she cried) and splashing in the shallow water.
That night my mom and dad volunteered to watch Ellie while Me, Rob, and Jessie went to Eclipse at the theater. On Saturday we watched the parade in Kanab, went swimming at the local pool, had dinner in the park, and watched the fire works.
Ellie really enjoyed the parade and swimming at the pool. It was a lot of fun to celebrate the holiday in Kanab and spend some time with family.
Posted in: on Monday, July 5, 2010 at at 10:18 AM






It looks like so much fun! I miss Lake Powell! I love how cute Ellie looks in all of her swim gear!
We need to get together now that we're back in Utah!