Fun at the Beach!
Well, we woke up at 3:30 am this morning... This isn't typical at the Maddox house; we just haven't adjusted to the time change to quite yet. With the early start to the day we were able to do so much. Today was absolutely the longest day but one the the funnest day of our lives. We got up and had to wait a little while for the stores to open up to get some breakfast. Guess Hawaii doesn't get up at 3:30 am... :) The good thing about the location of the house we are staying in besides the view and close location to the beach is that it is literally just a rocks throw right behind Ted's Bakery. Rob had only heard wonderous stories about this place so after a few hours waiting for Ted's to open he found out that all the stories were true. We got some tasty pasteries and got Ted's famous Chocolate Haupia Pie. It was delicous!
After breakfast we took out to see the beach. Sunset Beach was beautiful. A beautiful yellow sandy beach with the bluest of blue water. The waves were coming in strong so we moved on to see more. Our next stop was Shark's Cove. That place is amazing. We tried out some snorkeling and I think I've found my new hobby. The fish were everywhere! It was the coolest. After snorkeling a bit we went on to Waimea Bay. This beach was absolutely beautful too. I think I see a trend happening here. Everywhere is beautiful! We went boogie boarding at Waimea and we saw a sea turtle. It was so cool. The turtle swam away pretty quick so we lost him but kept having fun on the beach. We also went body surfing on the shore which is a blast but soon found out that you have sand everywhere. And when I say 'everywhere', I mean everywhere! Where the sun don't shine everywhere, if you get my drift?! And while we were finishing up body surfing, we saw another sea turtle. He came up within a couple feet of us. We got a pretty good look at him. Too bad we didnt' have our snorkels on so we could have gotten a clearer look. Maybe next time?
We took off from Waimea Bay and went to Haleiwa to get lunch and some shaved ice at Matsumoto's. It was delicious. Then we took a drive to the other side of the island. It was beautiful. We visited Turtle Beach and snorkeled a bit and then we ended up in Laie and visited the temple there. The temple grounds were also beautiful. The trend continued - Hawaii is beautiful. We took off for home and stopped at a shrimp truck off the side of the rode. It was called Giovani's and the shrimp was great. We could smell the garlic from clear up the road. After downing the shrimp we brought our long, fun day to a close.
Posted in: on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at at 11:57 AM






Giovani's is the best shrimp in the WORLD!!! I can't believe I forgot about that shrimp truck. I can still taste it, just thinking about it.
mmmm...I could eat that garlicky shrimp every single day of the rest of my life. :)